Are you are just getting out of school and looking to begin your career in the field of manufacturing? Perhaps you have an engineering, supply chain or operations background and are looking to build experience. We believe that passionate people with a desire to learn is essential to a high functioning work environment and we are willing to train the right candidate for the job.
we believe the best investment we can make is in our people and that seeing someone undergo mentorship and gain confidence in their respective position results in a strong team with the skills to face any challenges that arise. We believe in teamwork, leadership, and integrity. The ideal candidate would be very organized, meticulous and have an attitude of continuous improvement to be most successful. If this sounds like you – we want to see you on our team.
Our company is recognized as a global leader of innovation in the design and manufacture of equipment in the Engineered Wood products industry and is the largest supplier of Stranders used in the production of Oriented Strand Board (OSB) and other wood-based composites.
The Planner/Scheduler will work closely with Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, Production, and all departments on the manufacturing floor, to ensure the timely creation and release of job travelers and purchasing documentation for the manufacture of equipment.
The primary focus is to ensure planned dates for sales order ship dates are met. This is done through:
- Reviewing and adjusting available capacities in the fabrication, machining, assembly, and packaging departments.
- Working with purchasing department to follow up and expedite any required materials for both manufacturing jobs and customer sales orders.
To be successful in this job, the incumbent must be familiar with the capabilities of a modern manufacturing plant, self-disciplined, problem solve and able to communicate effectively in a dynamic team environment.
- Develop, maintain, and revise job travelers through the review of engineering drawings and required manufacturing methods. Includes creation of Bills of Material (BOM) and Method of Manufacture (MOM) using Epicor MRP software.
- Responsible for creating and reviewing daily shop work schedule. Be familiar with what is being worked on at each work cell to be able to adjust as required to meet demanding sales order delivery dates.
- Coordinate and direct production and purchasing departments to meet job schedules and sales order ship dates. Work with corresponding departments to expedite as needed.
- Ensure all jobs are staged with required materials prior to job start. Monitor incoming flow of sales order and job order materials and maintain their correct location.
- Develop and update KPI’s for job finish dates, job costs, purchasing receipt dates and sales shipping dates.
- Through effective written and oral communication ensure that major problems, both current and potential, are brought to management’s attention, with appropriate suggestions for corrective action, immediately as situation arises
- Work closely with the Production Manager, Sales Manager, and shop workers to review jobs from quote to cash. This includes an understanding of the manufacturing process in order to make decisions per design and customer requirements
- Education in either an engineering or supply chain background
- Experience working in a manufacturing job shop environment an asset
- Experience with MRP systems; experience in Epicor an asset
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet the demands of a fast-paced operations/manufacturing environment
- Ideal candidate will possess strong technical acumen and an interest with how things work.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Must possess strong computer skills, with expertise in Excel and proficiency in MS Office
- Education in Operations, Project Management, Mechanical engineering or like fields of study
- An open mind with a willingness to learn and develop a scheduling and planning system. Continuous improvement mindset is essential.
- Extended Health, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance & AD&D after 3 months
- RRSP matching after 6 months
- 2 weeks’ vacation to start
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Events
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Wage Range/Job Type/Schedule:
- Negotiable based on experience
- FT - Permanent